Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon August 18, 2014
NH Governor Declares Emergency Over Drug Called 'Spice'
Originally published on Mon August 18, 2014 4:19 pm
New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan has declared a public health emergency, after more than 40 people suffered serious medical reactions after using a substance called “spice.”
The synthetic marijuana substance is sold in convenience stores and gas stations, and state authorities in New Hampshire and neighboring states are looking at how to ban it.
Ryan Lessard of New Hampshire Public Radio joins Here & Now’s Meghna Chakrabarti with details.
- Ryan Lessard, correspondent for New Hampshire Public Radio, part of the Here & Now Contributor Network. He tweets @Ryan_Lessard.