Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Mon November 11, 2013
NH Groups Join Philippine Typhoon Relief Effort
Several New Hampshire organizations are joining the effort to help victims of the Philippine typhoon.
The Filipino-American Friendship Society of New Hampshire tells WMUR that many of the estimated 500 to 700 Filipino-American families living in the state are still trying to contact relatives. The group is trying to reach out to businesses, especially churches, to begin fundraising.
Three volunteers from New Hampshire-based Vision International Missions are also getting involved. They arrived in the Philippines on Sunday to help with the relief efforts.