Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon November 11, 2013
NH Groups Join Philippine Typhoon Relief Effort
Several New Hampshire organizations are joining the effort to help victims of the Philippine typhoon.
The Filipino-American Friendship Society of New Hampshire tells WMUR that many of the estimated 500 to 700 Filipino-American families living in the state are still trying to contact relatives. The group is trying to reach out to businesses, especially churches, to begin fundraising.
Three volunteers from New Hampshire-based Vision International Missions are also getting involved. They arrived in the Philippines on Sunday to help with the relief efforts.