Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon November 11, 2013
NH Groups Join Philippine Typhoon Relief Effort
Several New Hampshire organizations are joining the effort to help victims of the Philippine typhoon.
The Filipino-American Friendship Society of New Hampshire tells WMUR that many of the estimated 500 to 700 Filipino-American families living in the state are still trying to contact relatives. The group is trying to reach out to businesses, especially churches, to begin fundraising.
Three volunteers from New Hampshire-based Vision International Missions are also getting involved. They arrived in the Philippines on Sunday to help with the relief efforts.