Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon November 11, 2013
NH Groups Join Philippine Typhoon Relief Effort
Several New Hampshire organizations are joining the effort to help victims of the Philippine typhoon.
The Filipino-American Friendship Society of New Hampshire tells WMUR that many of the estimated 500 to 700 Filipino-American families living in the state are still trying to contact relatives. The group is trying to reach out to businesses, especially churches, to begin fundraising.
Three volunteers from New Hampshire-based Vision International Missions are also getting involved. They arrived in the Philippines on Sunday to help with the relief efforts.