Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Wed May 8, 2013
N.H. House 'Disavows Unfounded Speculation' About Marathon Bombings
By a unanimous vote, the New Hampshire House of Representatives passed a resolution Wednesday honoring the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
The resolution doesn’t make specific reference to remarks made by Representative Stella Tremblay.
But still, it’s clear it was a direct reaction to her comments.
The resolution passed 312-0 and states the House "disavows any unfounded speculation or accusation that dishonors those affected" by the tragedy.
Minority Leader Gene Chandler was one of the resolution's sponsors. He said in a statement that New Hampshire stands with the victims, and any comments made to the contrary do not represent the state.
Representative Tremblay was not present for the vote.