Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Sun May 12, 2013
N.H. House Panel To Vote On Casino Bill
A special joint House panel will vote Wednesday whether to support legalizing a casino in New Hampshire.
The House Ways and Means and Finance committees will discuss possible changes to a Senate bill that would allow up to 5,000 video slot machines and 150 table games before voting on a recommendation.
Even if the panel recommends killing the bill, groups are working on changes to it to try to win votes to pass it.
Three subcommittees researched revenues, regulations and the impact a casino would have on the state and communities. One group suggested increasing the state's profit if a casino is allowed and limiting the license to 20 years, and then opening up the process to new applicants again.