Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Thu March 15, 2012
NH House Reconsiders 24-Hour Abortion Waiting Period
The New Hampshire House has moved to reconsider passage of a controversial bill requiring pregnant women to wait 24 hours before receiving an abortion. The bill would also require them to receive explicit information on fetal development.
The bill was sent back to committee because it contains criminal penalties but was not reviewed by the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee as required by House Rules.
Both Democrat and Republican House leaders supported the move.