Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Thu March 15, 2012
NH House Reconsiders 24-Hour Abortion Waiting Period
The New Hampshire House has moved to reconsider passage of a controversial bill requiring pregnant women to wait 24 hours before receiving an abortion. The bill would also require them to receive explicit information on fetal development.
The bill was sent back to committee because it contains criminal penalties but was not reviewed by the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee as required by House Rules.
Both Democrat and Republican House leaders supported the move.