Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri June 20, 2014
N.H. Marine Killed In Afghanistan
A Marine from New Hampshire was killed in Afghanistan on Friday.
Lance Corporal Brandon Garabrant was killed by a roadside bomb, according to the Associated Press.
Garabrant was a 2013 graduate of ConVal High School, and was a volunteer member of the Temple Fire Department.
Senator Kelly Ayotte released a statement Friday evening mourning Garabrant's loss.
"Our hearts are broken by the loss of Lance Corporal Brandon Garabrant, a true American hero who made the ultimate sacrifice for the country that he loved," Ayotte said. "I join citizens across New Hampshire in extending my deepest condolences to his family."
In a statement, Gov. Maggie Hassan said "the entire state is devastated by the tragic loss."
"As a volunteer firefighter and dedicated Marine, Lance Corporal Garabrant was committed to serving his fellow citizens, and he was tragically taken from us far too soon."
Word of Mouth
Monadnock Summer Lyceum
Word of Mouth