Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon May 13, 2013
N.H. Poll Finds Strong Support For Democratic Incumbents
A poll from New England College finds broad support for Governor Maggie Hassan and Senator Jeanne Shaheen and less support for Senator Kelly Ayotte. The poll shows more voters view Hassan and Shaheen favorably by 30 and 35 point margins, respectively. The polls director, Political Science Professor Ben Tafoya, says Senator Kelly Ayotte has a narrower lead of 5 points.
"I think our take-away is that folks are much more closely divided on their approval of job performance for senator Ayotte then they are for Senator Shaheen or Governor Hassan," says Tafoya.
Shaheen and Hassan both face reelection in 2014, while Ayotte won’t have another challenge until 2016. The poll also finds that Shaheen and Hassan both fare well in theoretical match-ups against former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown and State Senator Jeb Bradley.