Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Sun December 16, 2012
N.H. Relatives Of Mother Of CT School Shooter Trying To Understand 'Tremendous Loss'
Relatives of a Connecticut woman fatally shot by her son before he killed 26 people at a school then killed himself say in a statement that they share the grief of the Newtown community and the nation.
A sheriff in New Hampshire, where Nancy Lanza once lived, read the statement Saturday, saying the family is trying to understand "the tremendous loss."
Rockingham County Sheriff Michael Downing said Lanza's brother James Champion, a retired police captain in Kingston, N.H., and other relatives express their "heartfelt sorrow" and "the whole family is traumatized by this event."