Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue March 4, 2014
N.H. Senate Committee Recommends Gas Tax Increase
A state Senate committee has recommended passage of a gas tax increase in New Hampshire.
The Senate Ways and Means Committee voted 4-1 Tuesday in favor of the increase.
The 18 cent tax would rise about 4 cents per gallon in July under the bill. It has not been increased since 1991 and is the lowest in New England. That increase is projected to raise $32 million annually for road improvements and the Department of Transportation.
The Senate is scheduled to vote on the bill March 13.
Gov. Maggie Hassan has said if a consensus is reached on a tax increase, she will sign it.