Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon July 29, 2013
N.H. Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte Travel The State
Both of N.H’s U.S. Senators Jeanne Shaheen and Kelly Ayotte were in the Granite State on Monday.
Senator Shaheen met with business leaders and advocates on Monday at Grappone Toyota in Bow to tour the only LEED certified car dealership in the state and support her energy efficiency legislation.
The so-called Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act introduced with Senator Rob Portman aims to establish a national energy strategy. The bill incentivizes the use of green technologies to businesses throughout the country.
“Energy efficiency is the cheapest fastest way to deal with our energy needs. And New Hampshire, as we can see here, is really a leader in energy efficiency.”
The Shaheen-Portman bill could be considered on the Senate floor as early as this week. If that happens it will be the first energy bill on the floor since 2007.
Senator Ayotte was also in New Hampshire on Monday.
She traveled to Nashua to present Pelham resident Joseph Norkiewicz Jr., with the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal in recognition of his service in the U.S. Navy during “Operation Blue Bat” in Beirut, Lebanon.