Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon July 29, 2013
N.H. Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte Travel The State
Both of N.H’s U.S. Senators Jeanne Shaheen and Kelly Ayotte were in the Granite State on Monday.
Senator Shaheen met with business leaders and advocates on Monday at Grappone Toyota in Bow to tour the only LEED certified car dealership in the state and support her energy efficiency legislation.
The so-called Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act introduced with Senator Rob Portman aims to establish a national energy strategy. The bill incentivizes the use of green technologies to businesses throughout the country.
“Energy efficiency is the cheapest fastest way to deal with our energy needs. And New Hampshire, as we can see here, is really a leader in energy efficiency.”
The Shaheen-Portman bill could be considered on the Senate floor as early as this week. If that happens it will be the first energy bill on the floor since 2007.
Senator Ayotte was also in New Hampshire on Monday.
She traveled to Nashua to present Pelham resident Joseph Norkiewicz Jr., with the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal in recognition of his service in the U.S. Navy during “Operation Blue Bat” in Beirut, Lebanon.