Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue August 14, 2012
N.H. Unemployment Slightly Up in July
The New Hampshire Department of Employment Security says unemployment is slightly up for the month of July.
More than 4,400 jobs were lost between June and July, bringing the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate to 5.4 percent. That’s an increase of .3 percentage points. The total number of employed residents was just shy of 700,000.
The New Hampshire unemployment rate is still well below the national rate of 8.3 percent, which also went up a tenth of a percent from June.