Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Thu November 15, 2012
N.H. Voter Turnout Slightly Under '08 Level
Election results posted by the secretary of state's office show about 600 fewer votes were cast in New Hampshire last week compared to 2008.
Secretary of State William Gardner had predicted that 722,000 people would vote in the Nov. 6 election. On Thursday, his office said the actual total was 718,788, or just under 70 percent of the state's voting age population.
In 2008, the total number of ballots cast was 719,403, or 615 more than last week.