Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Thu November 15, 2012
N.H. Voter Turnout Slightly Under '08 Level
Election results posted by the secretary of state's office show about 600 fewer votes were cast in New Hampshire last week compared to 2008.
Secretary of State William Gardner had predicted that 722,000 people would vote in the Nov. 6 election. On Thursday, his office said the actual total was 718,788, or just under 70 percent of the state's voting age population.
In 2008, the total number of ballots cast was 719,403, or 615 more than last week.