Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu May 3, 2012
NH Welfare System Under Scrutiny
Proposed legislation would create a new verification system in order to avoid fraud. Another bill would reduce the amount of time someone could receive assistance. But advocates for the poor say the State already does a good job of preventing fraud and these proposals would hurt people already in dire need.
Sarah Mattson: Policy Director for New Hampshire Legal Assistance
We'll also hear from...
Rochelle Finzel: Program Manager in the Children and Families program of the National Conference of State Legislatures.