Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue June 25, 2013
NHPR Wins A PRNDI For Best Multi-Media Presentation
New Hampshire Public Radio has been honored with a first place award from PRNDI, Public Radio News Directors Inc. These annual national public radio awards honor excellence in areas such as writing, commentary, documentary, multi-media, and continuing coverage.
NPR's Scott Simon hosted the awards banquet and helped PRNDI present over 100 awards to local public radio stations from around the nation for work completed in 2012. Says George Bodarky, PRNDI's current president, "PRNDI has been honoring the best work in local public radio for over 25 years, and is pleased to be able to recognize the great work that is being done by local public radio stations."
NHPR won for Best Multi-Media Presentation (Division A, Large Staff), with business & economy reporter Amanda Loder's project "Getting By, Getting Ahead: Voices of the New Hampshire Economy", with neighboring station WBUR Boston taking second place for "Generation Stuck."
For a complete list of winners in all categories, click here.
Word of Mouth