Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed March 12, 2014
NHPR's Todd Bookman Wins Journalism Award For Advance Directive Series
NHPR's Health Reporter Todd Bookman was awarded second place in the 2013 Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism by the Association of Health Care Journalists. The organization recognized Todd's series Planning For The End: A Look At Advance Directives in the small market Consumer/Feature category.
In his five-part series, Todd examines efforts to increase the number of people who have advance directives (sometimes called living wills), and the impact for patients who don't have them in place.
The awards granted by the AHJC recognize the best health reporting in print, broadcast, and online media. The contest is run by journalists and is not funded by commercial or special interest groups.