Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed April 3, 2013
Night Beds On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed April 3, 2013 8:09 pm
Night Beds is the work of Winston Yellen, who originally started making music in his hometown of Colorado Springs. But he traveled to Nashville to write the songs for Night Beds' debut album, Country Sleep, in a pre-Civil War cabin once owned by Johnny Cash.
The lyrics may have come from Nashville, but the record's open, dusty sound is pure Colorado. Yellen brings his amazing, wide-ranging voice to this installment of World Cafe, playing songs from Country Sleep as well as a track that didn't make the album.