Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri May 31, 2013
No Fishing License Needed On Saturday
New Hampshire Fish and Game is out angling for future fishermen. With annual fishing licenses at $35 for state residents and $53 for nonresidents, Mark Beauchesne at the department says some people want to try it before they buy it.
But, he says, once they get their line in the water…
You know if somebody gets hooked, then they’re hooked for life.
Both residents and nonresidents can fish on Saturday without a license in both fresh and salt water. Beauchesne says the only thing that’s off limits is brood stock Salmon in the Merrimack and Pemigewassett river systems.
Beauchesne says there are also activities this Saturday around the state including youth fishing programs and visitors hours at the state’s six hatcheries.