Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Fri May 31, 2013
No Fishing License Needed On Saturday
New Hampshire Fish and Game is out angling for future fishermen. With annual fishing licenses at $35 for state residents and $53 for nonresidents, Mark Beauchesne at the department says some people want to try it before they buy it.
But, he says, once they get their line in the water…
You know if somebody gets hooked, then they’re hooked for life.
Both residents and nonresidents can fish on Saturday without a license in both fresh and salt water. Beauchesne says the only thing that’s off limits is brood stock Salmon in the Merrimack and Pemigewassett river systems.
Beauchesne says there are also activities this Saturday around the state including youth fishing programs and visitors hours at the state’s six hatcheries.