Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Sat November 17, 2012
Norelli Set To Reclaim Speaker's Gavel
New Hampshire house democrats voted Saturday to choose former House speaker and current House minority leader Terie Norelli of Portsmouth as their nominee to lead the house for the next two years.
Democrats reclaimed the majority earlier this month and now hold a 221-179 edge over Republicans. The full House is slated to elect leaders Dec 5. If House Democrats remain unified, Terie Norelli will become speaker.
Norelli's bid to return as Speaker was challenged by fellow Demcorat David Campbell of Nashua. But after Norelli topped Campbell 131-73 on the first ballot, Democrats cast a unanimous vote for Norelli.
Republicans selected former House Speaker, Gene Chandler of Bartlett on Thursday to be their leader.