Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri September 13, 2013
North Country Firm Fined $420,000 Over Oil Storage Tanks
A North Country firm has been fined $420,000 for failing to comply with a court order to close above-ground oil storage tank facilities in Gorham to prevent the Androscoggin River from being polluted.
The company is Munce’s Superior Petroleum and Harold Munce, according to a news release from the attorney general’s Environmental Protection Bureau.
The fine represents $1,000 a day for 420 days, the amount of time since Munce was ordered to remedy the problem, which was completed last June.
The Coos County Superior Court suspended $210,000 for five years on the understanding that Munce would remain in compliance with the law.