Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Fri September 13, 2013
North Country Firm Fined $420,000 Over Oil Storage Tanks
A North Country firm has been fined $420,000 for failing to comply with a court order to close above-ground oil storage tank facilities in Gorham to prevent the Androscoggin River from being polluted.
The company is Munce’s Superior Petroleum and Harold Munce, according to a news release from the attorney general’s Environmental Protection Bureau.
The fine represents $1,000 a day for 420 days, the amount of time since Munce was ordered to remedy the problem, which was completed last June.
The Coos County Superior Court suspended $210,000 for five years on the understanding that Munce would remain in compliance with the law.