Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Thu November 15, 2012
North Country Republican Rep. Bulis Loses Seat In Recount
After a recount Thursday, Republican incumbent Lyle “Rusty” Bulis lost his seat in Grafton District 1, to another Republican Ralph Doolan.
Both are from Littleton.
Originally Doolan lost to Bulis by two votes and sought the recount.
The recount had Doolan winning by four votes.
There are two seats in District 1, which includes Littleton and Bethlehem.
The other seat was taken by Linda Massimilla, a Democrat and novice politician from Littleton. She beat beat incumbent Bulis and Doolan on November 6.
Before the recount Bulis told NHPR such a slim margin shows that every vote does count.