Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Wed January 4, 2012
North Country Weeklies Endorse Ron Paul
Three weekly newspapers from the North Country have endorsed Ron Paul for president.
The newspapers are the Littleton Courier, the Coos County Democrat and the Berlin Reporter
The endorsement was made in the January 4th edition.
“We believe the two strongest candidates are Mitt Romney and Ron Paul,” the editorial said.
But then it noted “We feel there is something about Romney that is missing.”
Its praise for Paul included:
“He has never voted to raise a tax and voted against all of the bailouts that have riled up Tea Partiers and Occupy Wall Streeters alike. His prediction that the United States can no longer afford the economic cost of our overseas commitments makes many Republicans uncomfortable, possibly by the very truth of his assertion.
“For decades he has been that rare sort of politician who speaks what he believes to be the truth and doesn’t flutter in the wind of public opinion. That could not be said of Obama or Romney.”
Art McGrath III, who is editor of all three papers, said he made the endorsement decision.