Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Wed August 1, 2012
The N.R.A. Lobby vs. The N.R.A. Members
Gun violence is an everyday occurrence in many cities in the united states, but after a tragedy like the Aurora shootings or the Virginia Tech shootings, the gun control debate starts to make more noise on the socio-political landscape. The second amendment typically divides parties and beliefs, but are gun control laws starting to divide the N.R.A itself? The National Rifle Association is a major player in keeping the Second Amendment exactly how it is for better or worse. However Cliff Schecter of Salon.com writes in a recent article that there’s a schism between the leaders of the N.R.A. and its members when it comes to tightening up and fixing of loop holes in our current gun control laws.