Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Around the Nation
Wed October 31, 2012
NYPD Cop Died Protecting Family From Rising Waters
Originally published on Wed October 31, 2012 6:53 pm
Staten Island is still dealing with the aftermath of severe flooding from Sandy. In some low-lying areas of the borough, houses were underwater almost to their rooftops. One police officer died in the deluge after saving six people.