Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Obama in Manchester
Tue November 22, 2011
Obama Presses GOP on Tax Cuts
President Obama promoted his job creation plan in Manchester today. The president focused on one specific item in that plan, the extension of a payroll tax cut.
Obama: Hello NH. It is good to be back
At the packed gymnasium of Manchester Central High School, a feisty Mr. Obama said next week, Republicans on Capitol Hill will get the chance to prove whose side they are on.
"Do you want to help working families get back on solid ground," he asked, "Or do you really want to vote to raise taxes on nearly 160 million Americans during the holidays?"
The current payroll tax cut expires in December. The president wants to pay for an extension in part by raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans – something Republicans oppose.
An Occupy Wall Street group briefly interrupted the president’s speech. Mr. Obama acknowledged them and later in his speech said concern for them and many other people was the reason he ran for office.