Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Sat October 27, 2012
Obama Rallies In Nashua
The President rallied more than 8000 supporters at a Nashua middle school within a few miles of the Massachusetts border. Mr. Obama made of point of attacking Mitt Romney’s record there.
"He pushed through a tax cut that overwhelmingly benefited 278 of the wealthiest families in the state and then he raised taxes and fees on middle class families to the tune of $750 million. Does that sound familiar to you?
The President then through a list of fees he said increased when Romney governed Massachusetts. Fees on gasoline, milk, funerals, and birth certificates. Alluding to the conspiracies theories about his own birth, Mr. Obama joked that the birth certificate fee would have been expensive for him.