Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Sat August 18, 2012
Obama Returns to N.H. and Hits GOP Budget Plans
Speaking in the sweltering gymnasium of Windham High School, Mr. Obama told a crowd of 2300 that the policies of Mitt Romney and Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan would benefit the rich and hurt the middle class. Mr. Obama argued that under the budget supported by Ryan, Romney would pay less than 1 percent of his income in taxes. The President also said Romney’s plans would raise taxes on middle class families by $2000 a year.
“They have been trying to sell this trickle-down snake oil before. It did not work then, it will not work now. It is not a plan to create jobs. It will not reduce the deficit. It will not move the economy forward. It is the wrong direction for America.”
The president carried NH in 2008. Recent local polls show Mr. Obama and Mitt Romney running neck and neck. The President’s stops in Windham and Rochester mark his third visit to the state this year. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are slated to campaign in Manchester on Monday.