Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Sat November 19, 2011
Occupy The North Country (In Littleton)
About 20 people who are part of “Occupy The North Country” gathered outside the post office in Littleton Saturday afternoon.
The idea was to show solidarity with occupy groups throughout the country, said Sean Rutherford, of Littleton.
He said there were wide-ranging concerns from the cost of college to health-care reform.
Rutherford said the North-Country group is new and only about two weeks ago started a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/OccupyTheNorthCountryNH) to communicate.
While the group was small there were often honks of support from passing motorists.
For a story on the occupy movement in Peterborough: http://news.nhpr.org/post/occupy-new-hampshire-hits-peterborough