Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Sat November 19, 2011
Occupy The North Country (In Littleton)
About 20 people who are part of “Occupy The North Country” gathered outside the post office in Littleton Saturday afternoon.
The idea was to show solidarity with occupy groups throughout the country, said Sean Rutherford, of Littleton.
He said there were wide-ranging concerns from the cost of college to health-care reform.
Rutherford said the North-Country group is new and only about two weeks ago started a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/OccupyTheNorthCountryNH) to communicate.
While the group was small there were often honks of support from passing motorists.
For a story on the occupy movement in Peterborough: http://news.nhpr.org/post/occupy-new-hampshire-hits-peterborough