Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Sat November 19, 2011
Occupy The North Country (In Littleton)
About 20 people who are part of “Occupy The North Country” gathered outside the post office in Littleton Saturday afternoon.
The idea was to show solidarity with occupy groups throughout the country, said Sean Rutherford, of Littleton.
He said there were wide-ranging concerns from the cost of college to health-care reform.
Rutherford said the North-Country group is new and only about two weeks ago started a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/OccupyTheNorthCountryNH) to communicate.
While the group was small there were often honks of support from passing motorists.
For a story on the occupy movement in Peterborough: http://news.nhpr.org/post/occupy-new-hampshire-hits-peterborough