Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Tue November 29, 2011
'Office' Fans Can Now Buy Dunder Mifflin Copy Paper
Originally published on Tue November 29, 2011 12:16 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business today is comic value. The long-running NBC comedy series "The Office" is about a group of workers employed by a fictitious paper company.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW "THE OFFICE")
'THE OFFICE' CAST: (Singing) Call Michael and Stanley, Jim, Dwight, Creed. Call Erin and Kelly for your business paper needs. Dunder Mifflin, the people person's paper people. Dunder Mifflin, the people person's paper people...
MONTAGNE: Fans of the show can now buy real Dunder Mifflin brand copy paper. The Wall Street Journal reports that an office supply website called Quill.com - it's part of the chain Staples - struck a licensing agreement with NBC to sell copy paper using the fictitious brand name - no longer fictitious. The packaging features quirky slogans from the show. The website calls it fun, functional paper for your office.
According to the Journal, sales of office copy paper are shrinking. Not funny for Quill, which is hoping paper from "The Office" will help sales.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.