Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Around the Nation
Fri January 17, 2014
Official Trademark: Cronut
Originally published on Fri January 17, 2014 1:39 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne hoping you're not thinking of calling your newest creation in the kitchen a Cronut with a C, because that has already been taken. The trademark was officially registered this week to describe the cross between a croissant and a donut that's lured New Yorkers into long lines for months now.
The trademark does not affect pastry chefs selling Dossants, Crodoughs, Cronut, Croillers and Craynuts. All of which, by the way, really exist.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.