Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Around the Nation
Fri January 17, 2014
Official Trademark: Cronut
Originally published on Fri January 17, 2014 1:39 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne hoping you're not thinking of calling your newest creation in the kitchen a Cronut with a C, because that has already been taken. The trademark was officially registered this week to describe the cross between a croissant and a donut that's lured New Yorkers into long lines for months now.
The trademark does not affect pastry chefs selling Dossants, Crodoughs, Cronut, Croillers and Craynuts. All of which, by the way, really exist.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.