Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed September 25, 2013
Officials: Faulty Pipes Led To Conway Explosion
Fire officials say piping work that didn't comply with building codes led to a propane gas explosion inside a house in Conway, N.H.
Conway Fire Chief Stephen Solomon tells WMWV-FM the source of the problem was most likely the home's hot water heater.
The house has been condemned and will be torn down Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the condition of the homeowner, identified as 53-year-old Philip Murphy, appears to have worsened. He was listed in serious condition at Maine Medical Center in Portland on Wednesday morning. On Tuesday, he was in fair condition.
He had smelled gas at the home Monday afternoon and opened the door when the explosion happened in the basement.