Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon October 29, 2012
Other News: Giants Win World Series; Syrian 'Ceasefire' Ending
Originally published on Mon October 29, 2012 8:21 am
While we continue to monitor Hurricane Sandy, we wanted to pass on some of the morning's other top headlines:
-- Giants Sweep The Tigers: In Detroit last night, San Francisco won 4-3 in the 10th inning. As NPR's Mike Pesca reported on Morning Edition, the Giants' pitching and strong defensive play dominated throughout the series.
Update at 8:15 a.m. ET. Our colleagues at KQED in San Francisco pass along word about two posts they've published:
-- Presidential Race: "Lawyers Gird For Possible Recounts." (Politico)
-- Assad Regime's Jets Bomb Parts Of Damascus On Last Day Of "Ceasefire." (BBC News)
-- Publishers Penguin And Random House To Combine. (The Wall Street Journal)
-- " BBC Opens Inquiry Into Savile Sex Abuse Case." (The New York Times)