Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Thu June 26, 2014
Overnight Flooding Leads To Campground Evacuations
The heavy rain that fell in New Hampshire overnight has caused some campground evacuations and some road washouts in the town of Woodstock.
Woodstock Police Chief Douglas Moorehead said the hope is to get Route 112 open later Thursday morning.
He said the water is receding.
Earlier Thursday, the Lost River was overflowing and some campgrounds were evacuated. No injuries were reported.
Authorities are planning to check the condition of a bridge at the Lost River Valley Campground to make sure about 80 campers can travel safely back out.