Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue September 11, 2012
Ovide Lamontagne Accepts GOP Nomination For Governor
"My name is Ovide Lamontagne, the toughest name in politics. But tonight you made it a winning name."
To shouts of "Ovide," Lamontagne has accepted Kevin Smith's concession and the Republican nomination for gubernatorial candidate.
The crowd is psyched up, standing shoulder to shoulder in the hall. When asked if it's the New Hampshire way to increase spending by double digits, the crowd shouts back a resounding "No!"
Lamontagne is taking the fight to Maggie Hassan, calling her support of the healthcare overhaul "Maggiecare." He is doubling down on his opposition to broad-based taxes.
The candidate said: "I will be a governor for all of New Hampshire."