Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Word of Mouth
Wed January 16, 2013
Paging Dr. Roboto
Last week, RP-VITA (remote presence virtual independent telemedicine assistant) was announced as the first self-navigating communications robot to earn FDA approval for use in hospitals. Tele-medicine isn’t a new tool, especially in developing countries with limited access to highly skilled doctors, but this robot, created by iRobot and Intouch could mark the coming of age of robots as an integral part of hospital care.
Marcio Macedo, Director of Product Management for iRobot’s Remote Presence business unit joined us to explain how the robot works.