Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Word of Mouth
Wed January 16, 2013
Paging Dr. Roboto
Last week, RP-VITA (remote presence virtual independent telemedicine assistant) was announced as the first self-navigating communications robot to earn FDA approval for use in hospitals. Tele-medicine isn’t a new tool, especially in developing countries with limited access to highly skilled doctors, but this robot, created by iRobot and Intouch could mark the coming of age of robots as an integral part of hospital care.
Marcio Macedo, Director of Product Management for iRobot’s Remote Presence business unit joined us to explain how the robot works.