Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue May 7, 2013
Pakistani Politician Imran Khan Falls From Lift During Campaign
Originally published on Tue May 7, 2013 7:20 pm
Pakistani cricketer turned politician Imran Khan is said to be OK after he fell from a lift during a campaign rally in Lahore on Tuesday.
Al-Jazeera reports that Khan "fell 14 feet as he was stepping off an improvised forklift that was raising him to the top of the platform."
Khan, who heads the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, or PTI, party, was shown bleeding from the head after the fall.
A local PTI spokesman told Agence France-Presse that Khan had suffered head injuries, but another spokesman described the injuries as minor.
Khan's former wife, Jemima Khan, wrote on Twitter that "He is in hospital and conscious now."