Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Wed November 7, 2012
Paul Ryan Will Return To Congress, Budget Committee Chairmanship
Rep. Paul Ryan, the Republican vice presidential nominee, says will go back to the House and pick up where he left off, after his loss.
"I am immensely proud of the campaign we ran, and I remain grateful to Gov. Romney for the honor of being his running mate," Ryan said in a statement obtained by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "I look forward to spending some time with my family in the coming days and then continuing my responsibilities as chairman of the House Budget Committee and representative of Wisconsin's First Congressional District."
While Ryan was running for vice president, he also ran to keep his seat. He won that race handily, with a margin exceeding 11 percent.