Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue January 10, 2012
Paul Speaks to an enthusiastic crowd
Speaking to a cheering crowd, Congressman Ron Paul hit on some key points of his campaign. He noted the large amount of energy that his campaign found on college campuses around the country, and he charged that the Federal Reserve was "taking care" of the "military-industrial complex" and financing more deficit spending by the government. He said that the "liberty movement" had brought forward the issues of "funny money" and the cost of acting as the "policeman" of the world. Paul closed his speech by saying "we will restore freedom to this country."
The audience reacted positively to the news of a strong second place finish, and cheered on Congressman Paul throughout his speech. After Congressman Paul finished speaking, much of the crowd remained in the room. The sound system blared "Celebration" by Kool and The Gang, followed by Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'."