Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth
Wed April 18, 2012
Pay Less...Hate More?
A newly-released study by several economists shows significant correlation between the number of big-box stores, specifically Walmart, and the number of hate groups in a region. Dr. Stephan Goetz is Director of the Northeast Regional Center for Rural Development, and Professor of Agricultural and Regional Economics at Penn State. He’s lead author of the study, “Social Capital, Religion, Walmart and Hate Groups in America," which was published by Social Science Quarterly earlier this month.