Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Word of Mouth
Wed April 18, 2012
Pay Less...Hate More?
A newly-released study by several economists shows significant correlation between the number of big-box stores, specifically Walmart, and the number of hate groups in a region. Dr. Stephan Goetz is Director of the Northeast Regional Center for Rural Development, and Professor of Agricultural and Regional Economics at Penn State. He’s lead author of the study, “Social Capital, Religion, Walmart and Hate Groups in America," which was published by Social Science Quarterly earlier this month.