Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Word of Mouth
Wed April 18, 2012
Pay Less...Hate More?
A newly-released study by several economists shows significant correlation between the number of big-box stores, specifically Walmart, and the number of hate groups in a region. Dr. Stephan Goetz is Director of the Northeast Regional Center for Rural Development, and Professor of Agricultural and Regional Economics at Penn State. He’s lead author of the study, “Social Capital, Religion, Walmart and Hate Groups in America," which was published by Social Science Quarterly earlier this month.