Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon June 9, 2014
Pew's Michael Ettlinger Named Founding Director Of Carsey School Of Public Policy
The University of New Hampshire has named a Founding Director for its new Carsey School of Public Policy.
Michael Ettlinger comes to Durham from Washington D.C., where, he is a senior director of the Pew Charitable Trusts’ fiscal and economic projects.
Before arriving at Pew, Ettlinger was vice president for economic policy at the left-leaning think tank, Center for American Progress. However, Ettlinger says, he believes academics should be apolitical:
Certainly we’d be doing a disservice to the students and the research if we took a particular point of view at the Carsey School.
The new Carsey School is scheduled to open later this summer. It was created by a $20 million gift from UNH alum and Emmy Award-winning TV producer, Marcia Carsey.