Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon June 9, 2014
Pew's Michael Ettlinger Named Founding Director Of Carsey School Of Public Policy
The University of New Hampshire has named a Founding Director for its new Carsey School of Public Policy.
Michael Ettlinger comes to Durham from Washington D.C., where, he is a senior director of the Pew Charitable Trusts’ fiscal and economic projects.
Before arriving at Pew, Ettlinger was vice president for economic policy at the left-leaning think tank, Center for American Progress. However, Ettlinger says, he believes academics should be apolitical:
Certainly we’d be doing a disservice to the students and the research if we took a particular point of view at the Carsey School.
The new Carsey School is scheduled to open later this summer. It was created by a $20 million gift from UNH alum and Emmy Award-winning TV producer, Marcia Carsey.