Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon June 9, 2014
Pew's Michael Ettlinger Named Founding Director Of Carsey School Of Public Policy
The University of New Hampshire has named a Founding Director for its new Carsey School of Public Policy.
Michael Ettlinger comes to Durham from Washington D.C., where, he is a senior director of the Pew Charitable Trusts’ fiscal and economic projects.
Before arriving at Pew, Ettlinger was vice president for economic policy at the left-leaning think tank, Center for American Progress. However, Ettlinger says, he believes academics should be apolitical:
Certainly we’d be doing a disservice to the students and the research if we took a particular point of view at the Carsey School.
The new Carsey School is scheduled to open later this summer. It was created by a $20 million gift from UNH alum and Emmy Award-winning TV producer, Marcia Carsey.