Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Mon June 9, 2014
Pew's Michael Ettlinger Named Founding Director Of Carsey School Of Public Policy
The University of New Hampshire has named a Founding Director for its new Carsey School of Public Policy.
Michael Ettlinger comes to Durham from Washington D.C., where, he is a senior director of the Pew Charitable Trusts’ fiscal and economic projects.
Before arriving at Pew, Ettlinger was vice president for economic policy at the left-leaning think tank, Center for American Progress. However, Ettlinger says, he believes academics should be apolitical:
Certainly we’d be doing a disservice to the students and the research if we took a particular point of view at the Carsey School.
The new Carsey School is scheduled to open later this summer. It was created by a $20 million gift from UNH alum and Emmy Award-winning TV producer, Marcia Carsey.