Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Sun May 25, 2014
PHOTO: Massachusetts Honors Fallen Vets With 37,000 Flags
A picture that crossed the wire, really struck us today. It shows a sea of American flags planted at the Boston Common.
According to the Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund, which plants the flags, it represents the 37,000 Massachusetts residents who have lost their lives in combat since the Revolutionary War.
It's worth noting that on Saturday, the names of the 7,000 service members who have been killed since Sept. 11 were read aloud at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. You can find a list here.