Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Sat May 17, 2014
In Photos: India's Prime Minister-Elect Receives Hero's Welcome In Delhi
Originally published on Sat May 17, 2014 2:06 pm
Narendra Modi, India's prime minister-elect, received a hero's welcome in Delhi on Saturday.
The Guardian reports that a brass band, drummers and bagpipes "played while hundreds of supporters waving BJP flags met Modi at the capital's airport on Saturday."
As we've reported, Modi's win is historic because it marks a shift away from a party that has dominated politics in the world's largest democracy.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh resigned from his position. The Times of India reports that he said goodbye in a televised address saying his tenure was an "open book."
We'll leave with photos from Modi's arrival in Delhi: