Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Sun May 6, 2012
Pictures Of The Supermoon, As The Whole World Saw It
Originally published on Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 am
Well before night fell stateside, the "supermoon" was already a star. Cameras from Tokyo to Athens gazed into its light, just a little bit brighter than usual.
It was enough to inspire some beautiful photos, so we thought we'd share what we've found.
For those who prefer science to art, NASA has a pleasant video to explain the phenomenon, uninspiringly called a "perigee moon." Well, we still think it's super.