Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue April 22, 2014
Pilot Rescued, Hospitalized After Lake Winnipesaukee Crash
Divers are working to recover a small plane that crashed into Lake Winnipesaukee earlier today.
Sgt. Dave Ouellette with the state Marine Patrol says the crash occurred near the Alton/Tuftonboro line around 12:30 this afternoon and involved a single-engine Cessna aircraft.
“The pilot, which was the only person on board, was wearing a life jacket and he was in the water clinging to the pontoon of this aircraft.”
Ouellette says the pilot, a 59-year-old Massachusetts man, was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia, but did not appear to suffer any serious injuries.
The pilot told rescuers he was doing touch and go landings just prior to the crash.
The FAA is investigating.