Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Word of Mouth
Mon December 2, 2013
Pirate Joe's, Hollywood Animal Fails, And Abolishing Tips
A montage of new ideas, picked fresh from the Word of Mouth vault:
- Abolishing tips: usually, the debate around gratuity revolves around whether to leave 15 or 20 %.... Head of the Sustainable Restaurant Project at the University of Guelph , Bruce McAdams, is in favor of getting rid of tips altogether.
- Balloon Brigade: the career aptitude test video game. A new startup designs mobile games that could help match fresh grads with job opportunities.
- The science behind the buzz: journalist and science writer Joseph Stromberg explains caffeine addiction.
- Pirate Joe's: Vancouver grocer Michael Hallat buys hundreds of thousands of dollars of dry goods from Trader Joe's in the United States, then sells them at a markup over the border. We'll hear about his legal battle with the popular German grocery chain.
- NASA's super-gun: how scientists are researching meteorite impacts using a really, really, big gun.
- Hollywood's animal-fails: biologist Marlene Zuk argues that movies are making egregious errors when it comes to representing our animal kingdom.
Word of Mouth