Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Sat September 16, 2006
The Pleasant Pond Pirates
The sound of the ice cream truck's jingle is certainly familiar during the summer, but a couple of young women in Deerfield have come up with another, less common way to peddle frozen treats.
Every weekend, 16-year old Onni Irish and her friend Philomena Duffy pilot their ice cream boat to residents on Pleasant Pond.
They call themselves the Pleasant Pond Pirates.
NHPR's Christina Nyquist caught up with the young entrepreneurs as they packed up their skiff for their route around the lake.