Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Around the Nation
Thu January 2, 2014
In A Plot That Sounds Made Up, Embezzling Ga. Banker Resurfaces
Originally published on Thu January 2, 2014 6:18 pm
It sounds like a movie: Aubrey Lee Price was by all accounts a successful banker. But then he disappeared after writing a rambling 25-page suicide note. FBI and federal prosecutors said Price embezzled $21 million from his bank. But two days ago he was arrested in Brunswick, Ga., after a traffic stop and appeared in court Thursday.