Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Tue April 24, 2012
Poetry you can hear...
Today, we celebrate National Poetry Month with a mix of audio craft and spoken word. Poetry Out Loud was a band of poets which experimented with spoken word forms in the 1970s. Their work is now being digitally reissued. Marc Masters wrote about the release, and a new crop of contemporary spoken word experiments for The Out Door, a blog at Pitchfork, where Marc is Contributing Editor. I asked him how Poetry Out Loud changed the rules for spoken word.