Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Word of Mouth
Tue April 24, 2012
Poetry you can hear...
Today, we celebrate National Poetry Month with a mix of audio craft and spoken word. Poetry Out Loud was a band of poets which experimented with spoken word forms in the 1970s. Their work is now being digitally reissued. Marc Masters wrote about the release, and a new crop of contemporary spoken word experiments for The Out Door, a blog at Pitchfork, where Marc is Contributing Editor. I asked him how Poetry Out Loud changed the rules for spoken word.