Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Tue April 24, 2012
Poetry you can hear...
Today, we celebrate National Poetry Month with a mix of audio craft and spoken word. Poetry Out Loud was a band of poets which experimented with spoken word forms in the 1970s. Their work is now being digitally reissued. Marc Masters wrote about the release, and a new crop of contemporary spoken word experiments for The Out Door, a blog at Pitchfork, where Marc is Contributing Editor. I asked him how Poetry Out Loud changed the rules for spoken word.