Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth
Tue April 24, 2012
Poetry you can hear...
Today, we celebrate National Poetry Month with a mix of audio craft and spoken word. Poetry Out Loud was a band of poets which experimented with spoken word forms in the 1970s. Their work is now being digitally reissued. Marc Masters wrote about the release, and a new crop of contemporary spoken word experiments for The Out Door, a blog at Pitchfork, where Marc is Contributing Editor. I asked him how Poetry Out Loud changed the rules for spoken word.