Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Sun August 11, 2013
Police: Father Kills Son, Self In Manchester YWCA Shooting
New Hampshire officials say a father shot his 9-year-old son to death before taking his own life during supervised visitation at a YWCA office in the state's largest city.
The attorney general's office identified the father as 54-year-old Muni Savyon of Manchester and the son as 9-year-old Joshua Savyon of Amherst. Officials say an adult supervisor was present when the father produced a handgun and shot the boy several times before shooting himself late Sunday morning.
Investigators say the father had made previous threats.
On Sundays, the YWCA is open for supervised child visitation and custody exchanges.
Rabbi Levi Krinsky said the father was depressed after returning from his brother's funeral in Israel but he said he had no concerns about his well-being.