Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Sun August 11, 2013
Police: Father Kills Son, Self In Manchester YWCA Shooting
New Hampshire officials say a father shot his 9-year-old son to death before taking his own life during supervised visitation at a YWCA office in the state's largest city.
The attorney general's office identified the father as 54-year-old Muni Savyon of Manchester and the son as 9-year-old Joshua Savyon of Amherst. Officials say an adult supervisor was present when the father produced a handgun and shot the boy several times before shooting himself late Sunday morning.
Investigators say the father had made previous threats.
On Sundays, the YWCA is open for supervised child visitation and custody exchanges.
Rabbi Levi Krinsky said the father was depressed after returning from his brother's funeral in Israel but he said he had no concerns about his well-being.