Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri December 13, 2013
Police Respond To Shooting Report At Colorado School
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — One student was in critical condition Friday after reports of a shooting at a high school in suburban Denver, hospital and state officials said.
The student was in surgery, said Jason Dunkel, spokesman for Littleton Adventist Hospital. It's unclear how the student was wounded.
Police were outside the school, and students were seen walking toward the school's running track with their hands in the air. Television footage showed students being patted down.
Colorado division of emergency management spokeswoman Micki Trost said her director went to Arapahoe High School in Centennial after reports of an active shooter. There weren't any more immediate details.
The school is about 8 miles east of Columbine High School in Littleton, where two teenage shooters killed 12 classmates and a teacher before killing themselves in 1999.