Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri June 1, 2012
Political Teams Pay Attention To Monthly Jobs Report
Originally published on Fri June 1, 2012 9:04 am
The Labor Department said the U.S. economy added 69,000 jobs last month — far fewer than analysts expected. The unemployment rate also rose to 8.2 percent, up from 8.1 percent in April. The monthly jobs report is an important weather vane for anyone trying to get a bead on which way the economic winds are blowing.